WHO WE ARE
VISION | MISSION | ROOTS
Vision | Seeing a City Redeemed One Life at a Time
Our vision is to see a city redeemed one life at a time. The desire to see the greater Grand Rapids area redeemed is a God-sized vision. We cannot do anything meaningful or lasting in this area apart from God's active presence and work. We're praying that the Lord would bring people to Himself through this ministry, who will then experience the life change the Gospel brings. A fruit of life change will show itself as followers of Jesus go out and proclaim Him to others. As we say every week when we gather together, "God has you where He has you to advance the Gospel through you."
Mission | Connecting People To Jesus For Life Change
We've been called to plant gospel-centered churches, where an intentional proclamation of Jesus and His cross are the prevailing themes in everything we do. We believe Jesus changes everything. That's why at Redemption Church, every area of ministry seeks to connect people to Jesus for life change. We never move past Jesus and the Gospel, but orient our lives and attention around the person and ministry of Jesus. Everything done within Redemption Church is driven by the desire to see people connect with Jesus and live for Him.
At Redemption we desire to be a church that has a great Kingdom impact and reach wherever we go. If we are going to have a great reach into our community and bear much fruit for God’s glory, we must be firmly grounded with deep roots. Here are six roots that will take Redemption deep for the purpose of a great impact in our community and around the world.
1. Teaching: Teaching God's Word boldly without excuse or apology.
2. Worship: Passionately exalting Jesus through Gospel-motivated worship.
3. Prayer: Pursuing God through the power of prayer for all things at all times.
4. Evangelism: Declaring and displaying the life changing message of Jesus.
5. Generosity: Joyfully and sacrificially giving away what God already owns.
6. Multiplication: Multiplying leaders and planting churches to advance a Gospel movement.